Nugens hot tips for your next north Vietnam roadtrip
Here are my top 5 tips:
- Bring-yo-passport. Especially if you want to avoid begging the last love hotel in town to look past your lack of credible ID and to provide you with a room for the evening as every other hotel and whorehouse has refused you service. Oh. And also if you want to avoid spending an hour the morning after, locked in a room at the local police station negotiating your way past threats of jail for your white and brown mates.
- Bring ample amounts of sunscreen. The sun be blazing out there even if Hanoi is shrouded in
- Go. And go often. Get out of the city as often as possible. It’s amazing out there.
- Hide the majority of your cash before you enter the police station for negotiations.
- If you are going to present a photocopy of your Vietnamese visa to the authorities halfway through heated negotiations – make sure it’s not the one which expired a month ago.
Yes. I wore crocs the entire weekend. Sexy. I know.